Go Back   High Impact Halo Forum and Fansite Non-Halo Discussion Forum Gaming and Console Discussion
Gaming and Console Discussion Non-Halo related gaming discussion goes here. Any platform, any game.
Notices
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old   
tuxor's Avatar
tuxor Offline
 
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to tuxor
Best Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise Moveset? - 03-02-2008 , 09:56 PM


You read correctly.
I was thinking something like:
Surf
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam/Blizzard

What do you guys think? I may replace Rain Dance with Skull Bash.

Also, I've never seen definitive proof that evolving a Pokémon will give it better +stats per level, anyone have any/want to convince me using logical scenarios and examples?

  #2  
Old   
Sonix's Avatar
Sonix Offline
2C > 8]D[
 
Posts: 2,899
Join Date: May 2006
03-02-2008 , 09:58 PM


Depends on which game, if it's past blue/red/yellow I can't help you.

  #3  
Old   
tuxor's Avatar
tuxor Offline
 
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to tuxor
03-02-2008 , 10:11 PM


FireRed, which is basically Red with better graphics, and more stuff after you beat the game. There's also some new stuff, but it doesn't really effect the goodness of the moves.

  #4  
Old   
Gorillaz2189's Avatar
Gorillaz2189 Offline
The name's Kanockers.
 
Posts: 5,800
Join Date: Mar 2006
03-02-2008 , 10:30 PM


why didn't you start off with charmander? he's so much better

  #5  
Old   
Sonix's Avatar
Sonix Offline
2C > 8]D[
 
Posts: 2,899
Join Date: May 2006
03-02-2008 , 10:45 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillaz2189
why didn't you start off with charmander? he's so much better
So you don't have to catch another character to beat brock easily.

OR

So that you don't have to buy potions to keep your ineffective fire hazard alive.

Plus Charmander and Charizard look terrible from the back. Charmeleon is so-so.

  #6  
Old   
tuxor's Avatar
tuxor Offline
 
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to tuxor
03-02-2008 , 10:46 PM


Charmander FTL. I get bored of Charmander. Plus, I'd rather use a more eccentric off-beat fire-type. Mayhaps an Arcanine, or for extra coolness, a Rapidash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonix3d
Plus Charmander and Charizard look terrible from the back. Charmeleon is so-so.
Sounds...poképhilic.

  #7  
Old   
hæroicraptor's Avatar
hæroicraptor Offline
slYkni is my lover
 
Posts: 4,067
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NoVA
Send a message via AIM to hæroicraptor
03-02-2008 , 11:23 PM


Crunch
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Hydro Pump

FTW.

  #8  
Old   
QuAck3r w0N's Avatar
QuAck3r w0N Offline
 
Posts: 4,167
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: /d
Send a message via AIM to QuAck3r w0N
03-02-2008 , 11:41 PM


Finally, my area of expertise!

Blastoise:

Nature: Bold
Ability: Torrent
EV's: 252 HP, 220 DEF, 36 SPC. DEF.

Moveset:
Surf
Rapid Spin/Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rest/Protect

Also, for future reference, never double up on move types, (ie. Hydro Pump AND Surf).

//King of Traxus

  #9  
Old   
nammacs2's Avatar
nammacs2 Offline
Hey, shut up for a minute
 
Posts: 2,089
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southern California
03-03-2008 , 12:31 AM


Heh heh, I only ever played Yellow + Red, and Blastoise was always my favorite pokemon!

I dont remember the exact moves, but be sure to have hydropump on there. A good move.

  #10  
Old   
QuAck3r w0N's Avatar
QuAck3r w0N Offline
 
Posts: 4,167
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: /d
Send a message via AIM to QuAck3r w0N
03-03-2008 , 01:11 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by nammacs2
Heh heh, I only ever played Yellow + Red, and Blastoise was always my favorite pokemon!

I dont remember the exact moves, but be sure to have hydropump on there. A good move.
Surf is far better.

//King of Traxus

  #11  
Old   
Coolermatt's Avatar
Coolermatt Offline
thumbsupper
 
Posts: 619
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
03-03-2008 , 01:51 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor
Mayhaps an Arcanine, or for extra coolness, a Rapidash.
I used a firestone on my growlithe the second I got it, only to find out Arcanine doesn't learn any moves besides extremespeed at level 49 :( So I have a level 37 Arcanine that knows ember, bite, and some other tms I taught it. Sigh
(Almost same thing with my Raichu :P)

My Blastoise is a 36 and only knows:
Water gun
Bite
Water pulse
Protect

I plan to teach it Earthquake, Ice Beam, and either Surf/Hydro Pump. Earthquake is always a must, it's my favorite move :)

  #12  
Old   
QuAck3r w0N's Avatar
QuAck3r w0N Offline
 
Posts: 4,167
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: /d
Send a message via AIM to QuAck3r w0N
03-03-2008 , 02:19 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolermatt
I used a firestone on my growlithe the second I got it, only to find out Arcanine doesn't learn any moves besides extremespeed at level 49 :( So I have a level 37 Arcanine that knows ember, bite, and some other tms I taught it. Sigh
(Almost same thing with my Raichu :P)

My Blastoise is a 36 and only knows:
Water gun
Bite
Water pulse
Protect

I plan to teach it Earthquake, Ice Beam, and either Surf/Hydro Pump. Earthquake is always a must, it's my favorite move :)
Surf is better than Hydro Pump in all instances. Teach him rest for his fourth move. You always need a recovery move if you can get it.

//King of Traxus

  #13  
Old   
tuxor's Avatar
tuxor Offline
 
Posts: 447
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to tuxor
03-03-2008 , 05:44 PM


I wish Pokémon Online actually worked. It'd be awesome.

  #14  
Old   
Big Al 15's Avatar
Big Al 15 Offline
Banned
 
Posts: 436
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mattoon, Ill
03-03-2008 , 08:02 PM


I have to admit, I'm almost 19 and I still love Pokemon. A little off topic I know, but Pokemon is one of only three games that keeps me coming back after not playing for years. I still get giddy when I remember the memories when looking at my holographic card collect.

I can't really help with the move list much. My lvl60 Blastoise(badass name) in Emerald has the move set: Ice Beam, Surf, Earthquake, and Skull Bash. I think I'm going to teach it hydro pump but I don't like the looks of the move. Hydro Pump looked awesome in Red/Blue/Yellow with the jets shooting up from the ground. Now is just two intertwining strings of circles. Does it look the same in FireRed as it did in Red/Blue/Yellow?

  #15  
Old   
QuAck3r w0N's Avatar
QuAck3r w0N Offline
 
Posts: 4,167
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: /d
Send a message via AIM to QuAck3r w0N
03-03-2008 , 09:06 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al 15
I have to admit, I'm almost 19 and I still love Pokemon. A little off topic I know, but Pokemon is one of only three games that keeps me coming back after not playing for years. I still get giddy when I remember the memories when looking at my holographic card collect.

I can't really help with the move list much. My lvl60 Blastoise(badass name) in Emerald has the move set: Ice Beam, Surf, Earthquake, and Skull Bash. I think I'm going to teach it hydro pump but I don't like the looks of the move. Hydro Pump looked awesome in Red/Blue/Yellow with the jets shooting up from the ground. Now is just two intertwining strings of circles. Does it look the same in FireRed as it did in Red/Blue/Yellow?
Skull Bash sucks, and Hydro Pump isn't any good if he already has Surf. You ought to teach him Toxic or something.

//King of Traxus

  #16  
Old   
ChaosSniper's Avatar
ChaosSniper Offline
 
Posts: 452
Join Date: Mar 2006
Send a message via AIM to ChaosSniperSend a message via MSN to ChaosSniper
03-04-2008 , 12:31 AM


Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor
I wish Pokémon Online actually worked. It'd be awesome.
pokemonindigo.com

it's a bit slow, but it works =]

  #17  
Old   
Caffeine Ninja's Avatar
Caffeine Ninja Offline
 
Posts: 1,302
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ninjaland
Send a message via AIM to Caffeine NinjaSend a message via MSN to Caffeine Ninja
03-04-2008 , 05:43 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillaz2189
why didn't you start off with charmander? he's so much better
GTFO now. Blastoise is a froodlenutzkieing god in the first game.

Also why would you need more then 1 water type move? Ditch Hydro pump it misses too much and it is a move you can only use twice.

  #18  
Old   
PalJesus's Avatar
PalJesus Offline
 
Posts: 1,271
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Falco Likes Crumpets
03-04-2008 , 09:33 PM


Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor
I wish Pokémon Online actually worked. It'd be awesome.
there is an online program for you computer where you form a 6 poke lv100 team. you can set stats, nature, moves etc.

i forget what its called, i used to play it XD.

  #19  
Old   
♣ Yourself ♣ Offline
 
Posts: 1,321
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: noitacol
Send a message via Yahoo to ♣ Yourself ♣
03-04-2008 , 10:36 PM


Teach it thunderbolt.

  #20  
Old   
PalJesus's Avatar
PalJesus Offline
 
Posts: 1,271
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Falco Likes Crumpets
03-04-2008 , 10:45 PM


ah yes it is called Pokemon NETBattle
try it, it's pretty cool.

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Skin modified for HIH by Ducain


HIH : Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 forum, fansite, tricks, glitches, and videos - Privacy Statement - Top
no new posts